Keep this checklist handy for reference during your homebuying process!
So, you’re ready to buy a manufactured home. First things first: congratulations! Celebrations are in order for such a monumental decision and time in your life. But celebrations can soon turn into stress when all the things to do and consider come into play! Have no fear, Champion® Homes is here, and we’ve rounded up the ultimate checklist to keep handy when you’re purchasing a manufactured home.
When you’ve just decided to buy a factory-built home, the first thing you want to do is decide what kind of factory-built home you’ll be shopping for. The differences between manufactured homes, modular homes and even park models may enlighten your decision. If you choose a manufactured home, you’re choosing a home that is built to the HUD code for manufactured housing, and is manufactured indoors and delivered to your build site. This checklist is specifically for purchasing a manufactured home. If that sounds like your boat, keep reading!
Click here to read more about the differences between manufactured and modular homes!
The One-Stop Shop for What You’ll Need to Remember for Purchasing Your Manufactured Home
- Look into which independent retailer will be best for you when it comes to purchasing the best model for you.
- Decide whether you’ll be living in a manufactured home community or if you’ll be placing a home on your own private land. This will help you consider details such as property taxes, and local zoning regulations. Need land? A local retailer can help with that!
- Consider your budget, since this will help guide many of the decisions you’ll be making.
- Found the model that’s calling your name? Consider the specs that matter to you: single section or multi-section? Number of beds and baths?
- Think about your utilities: figure out who the providers are for each utility service and think about your rough out-of-pocket cost for each.
- Arrange the down payment and financing. Work with a retailer who can assist in making this process smooth.
- Get things ready as your home is being built! Furnishing and infusing your new home with your personal home décor style will give you the personable flair you need.
When it comes to buying a manufactured home, whether you’re a first-time home buyer or getting your third castle, don’t overthink it. At Champion, we’ve done most of the hard work for you, to make buying your dream home easier than ever before. Ready to start your home buying process? Talk to an independent retailer today!